Sadness consumes us and takes up the time we could have used to be happy. Sure it’s ato say ‘don’t be sad’ knowing that it’s easier said than done, but the next time something saddens you, do the following:
1. . place your hand over your heart, that alone should remind you of your purpose. You were made to serve Allaah subhanahu wa ta’ala. You were made for so much, fulfill your duty by making the most of your time.
2. Smile. It psychologically helps you feel a little better. Even if it’s not genuine or sincere, just smile.
3. Distract yourself by doing something else. If you’re thinking about your poor grades for example, think about Salaah and how you need to pray. Or perhaps go exercise or read a book.
4. Talk it out. Talk to yourself. Let it out, don’t vent to anyone, vent to yourself & complain to Allaah alone.
5. Remember Allaah. Remember what awaits you if you’re patient. Jannah inshaa’Allaah.
6. Remember death. Will this situation matter when you’re dying? It wont, death is the biggest obstacle, bigger than even what you’re going through.
7. Remember the death of the Prophet. He went through so much that could cause any person to become depressed and upset for life, yet he had trust in Allaah and always saw the good side of things.
8. Trust in Allaah. What is making you sad right now, wont continue on making you sad forever. Look back at all the other times you were sad, do they matter now? They wont matter in the future, so let go of it.
9. Find a lame joke and laugh at it. That’ll liven up your spirit.
10. Make duaa and lots of it. “Verily in the Remembrance of Allaah, hearts find rest.” & duaa and reading the Qur’aan are the best forms of remembrance.
11. Write a letter. If you hate writing, paint or draw something and focus on it. The more you focus, the smaller your problems appear to be.
12. Bake something you’ve never baked before.
13. Clean/ organize/ decorate your room/ home.
14. Play dress-up and play with your makeup!
15. Snap outfit shots!
repost from AA